We have a brand new opportunity available for a Linux System Administrator Specialized Infrastructure Technology Function. Specialized Infrastructure provide full stack infrastructure provison from solution design through to product support. Whilst predominantly aligned to the Pre-Trade Technology transaction cycle responsible for Markets execution, Specialized Infrastructure are capable of providing the same service to the wider organization.
- Enact changes to the non-production and production environments.
- Provide on call rota support
- Maintain and expand supporting infrastructure and automation mechanisms
- Troubleshoot and debug incidents related (but not limited) to application, server, network, and automation
- Build, support, and monitor co-located servers and select campus server infrastructure.
- Liase with the business/application areas to capture requirements.
- Regional escalation contact for all hosts.
- Chef or similar (ansible, puppet) for end-to-end server configuration management.
- Building, configuring, and maintaining production environments, including standard networking preferably using Red Hat Enterprise Linux as the Operating System.
- Strong knowledge of server side networking (TCP/UDP/Multicast).
- Working experience with Data Science/Hadoop. Working knowledge of Cloudera and Elastic would also be preferable
- Scripting and automating complex tasks.
- Expert knowledge of administration of Redhat Products, especially RHEL 6 & 7.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, GB
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org