The QA Engineer is responsible for supporting ecommerce integration testing across Belk from a functional and automation perspective by supporting quality assurance programs and processes in alignment with the QA strategy, as well as providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within client projects; authoring test cases; and performing test execution for both project and support related activities.
- Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diverse perspectives in interactions with others
- Delivers on Belk’s brands and strives to exceed customer needs
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Dedication to writing test automation and the ability to work with other coworkers to complete project work in a timely manner (Or with great celerity)
Maintains positive attitude and momentum in challenging situations
Shares ideas with others to address daily business issues
Good oral and written communication skills
Demonstrates flexibility, resiliency, and productivity in response to shifting priorities
Leverages skills and experiences to contribute to the success of team goals
Shares ideas and resolves conflict constructively
Demonstrated analytical skills
Attention to detail during testing and requirement specification
Builds working relationships characterized by cooperation and mutual respect
Strives for continuous improvement
Exhibit critical thinking
Communicates effectively with all partners
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with white box testing and building testing frameworks.
- Understanding of web technology including HTTP headers, HTTP Verbs (Get, Post).
- 5+ years experience in software testing while developing and testing highly distributed, complex eCommerce Platforms
- Validating and certifying web services using SOAtest, Soap UI and Selenium TestNG
- Experience testing different web service methodologies like REST, SOAP, over XML, JSON payloads
- QE experience in J2EE technologies strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Defines develop and maintain test scripts.
- Hands-on experience working with database (Oracle, MySQL, DB2) and writing complex SQL queries.
- Experience with Parasoft Virtualize and SOAtest.
- Able to perform automated testing for feeds in various formats like XML, JSON, and CSV.
- Experience testing software at API and Web service level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in API & ETL testing.
- 4+ years of experience in Retail domain.
- 2+ years of automation experience with Parasoft SOATest.
- 4+ years of working experience in Manhattam DOM & Salesforce Demandware.
- 4+ years of working experience in integration technologies/tools like IIB message broker, Datastage (ETL), Talend (ESB, ETL) etc.
- 2+ years of working experience with utilities like SOAPUI, Rfhutil, Winscp etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A