Website Best Buy
The Experience Design Team is a well-established team positioned within the Customer Office driven by customer obsession and grounded in customer research. Our work is diverse and impacts the larger customer experience in a variety of ways including designing for web views, the app, retail, in home, communications and voice. We are a group of highly collaborative design professionals located in Richfield and Seattle who partner across our discipline as well as with product management, front and back-end engineers and business partners. The large amount of traffic in our digital spaces and customer visits to our stores allows us to consistently measure the impact of our experiences on customers and the business. People enjoy working at Best Buy and find it’s a place to have fun, be challenged and grow professionally and personally!
- Foster and participate in a culture of collaboration, feedback, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with UX leadership on the evolution and continual maturation of our experience design practice and brand expression.
- Partner with customer research, analytics, consumer insights and A/B testing teams on methodology and approach for the vetting and testing of UX strategies.
- Use creative facilitation techniques and take the lead with your partners to understand the problem space and foster a shared vision of the future.
- Leverage customer research, site metrics, and usability findings to back up assertions, make recommendations, and drive strategy.
- Work with experience designers, product managers, engineering leads, and business stakeholders to gain alignment on solutions and align customer and business needs.
- At least 2 years of experience as an UX Designer or 6 or more years in a Design related role (e.g., Product Designer, Information Architect, Visual Designer, Interaction Designer, Copywriter, etc.).
- History of balancing the agile work environment and iterative product development with maintaining a holistic view of the overall customer journey
- Ability to present designs, drive consensus and negotiate trade-offs effectively
- Advanced to expert skills with tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Miro, Slack, Teams, Visio, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, etc.
- Current online portfolio that demonstrates advanced knowledge of experience design principles and deliverables (e.g., designs, wireframes, prototypes, etc.).
- Ability to work through complex design solutions and understand the technology behind those solutions
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 or more years of experience working in Ecommerce or other large, multi-channel design environment.
- Solid understanding of designing for Accessibility Standards WCAG / 508
- Strong skills in organizational savvy, ability to handle multiple efforts, attention to detail, relationship-building, strong communication skills, and high accountability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Centered Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction,
- Graphic Design, Information Architecture, Multimedia, Communication, Marketing, Journalism,
- Instructional Design, related field, or equivalent industry experience
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richfield, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A