A member of the Cigna Government Business Segment Operational Excellence Process Engineering team, this role will use a disciplined approach to design, operate, control and continuously improve business processes. They lead work streams and projects that focus on improving operating effectiveness. Process engineers design new processes that don’t currently exist, but are needed for a product, service or capability.
- Facilitate working sessions
- Competent to lead a project or work stream on their own with some coaching and guidance as needed.
- Collect accurate, precise and complete customer specifications and critical to quality components
- Use proper project management disciplines to organize the work, keep the project on schedule, and focused on the stated objective. Provide accurate and timely updates on project progress
- Lead, coordinate and partner with the business to conduct business assessments to outline solutions and direction on strategic, enterprise and baseline opportunities from a cost, efficiency, effectiveness/value, contractual, legal, compliance and customer centric standpoint including process engineering methods such as DMAIC and Lean.
- Lead, coordinate, and partner with the business to utilize data to drive decision making to include:
- Manage and coordinate business projects, including:
- Document current and future state processes using accepted process mapping tools, techniques and practices
- Responsible to deliver results – projects must achieve the desired objective and meet or exceed the projected benefits of the business case (increase membership, medical cost containment, operating expense reduction, Improve quality and customer satisfaction)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience evaluating, developing and implementing business process measurement systems and dashboards
- Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent level of experience
- Experience in project and team management from idea generation and chartering thru implementation and post project evaluation
- At least 3 years of experience in project/process design/development and translating changes into implementation plans (Exposure to Lean Six Sigma, Lean Principles. Green Belt or Black Belt training preferred but not required)
- Has proven results of building and creating new solutions through the use of creativity and innovation
- Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects
- Exposure to change management evaluation, planning and execution. ADKAR experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A