The Technical Support Associate Analyst is responsible for the day to day performance and operation of both PC and LAN hardware and software. The Technical Support Associate Analyst installs, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs computer workstations and local area networks, monitors performance, diagnoses and resolves problems. The Technical Support Associate Analyst provides accurate, timely and creative solutions to end-user computer and network problems. The Technical Support Associate Analyst adheres to standard IT practices and techniques and follows established escalation processes for more complex problems.
- Coordinates with internal and external partners as required.
- Participates on call rotation as needed including nights and weekends.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs Windows or Macintosh desktop and laptop computer systems, peripheral equipment and mobile devices.
- Escalates unresolved issues in a timely manner.
- Configures and maintains Windows or Macintosh standard applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving hardware and software problems.
- Delivers exceptional customer service, proactively setting expectations with customers and following up appropriately.
- Good communications skills.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role.
- Functions in complex environments with minimal direction.
- Solid individual performance while partnering with others.
- Works well through self-directed effort.
Qualification & Experience:
- 0-2 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 6-8 years of experience without a Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 Years PC/LAN Technical Experience.
- Continued enhancement of Technical Skills through continuing education/seminars and interaction with other IT disciplines.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, especially Windows 10 and Microsoft Office,
- Apple computers and operating systems; networking switches and data networks; IP telecommunications systems and audio visual systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tempe, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org