View All Johnson & Johnson JobsJohnson & Johnson
The Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen R&D is continuing to build key scientific expertise in screening, pharmacology and chemistry to partner closely with therapeutic area scientists to develop groundbreaking new medicines in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases. We are seeking excellent drug discovery scientists to join the team to bring their expertise to exciting efforts in novel areas of drug discovery.
- Participate in shaping and implementing strategies that support efficient drug discovery Janssen
- Execute sophisticated experiments using advanced computational techniques on Linux-based computer workstations to drive decision-making in discovery project teams
- Develop and execute clear computational strategies to design complex molecules and predict their properties using state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to discovery leadership
- Analyze screening data, perform literature reviews, design, propose, and execute computational chemistry plans.
- Serve as a scientific expert in computational chemistry with both internal and external partners and provide recommendations regarding new targets and emerging external opportunities.
- This position is located in Spring House, PA, and may require up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally.
- Scripting of computational workflows in Pipeline Pilot, Python or Jupyter notebooks is preferred.
- Experience with machine learning is preferred.
- Strong record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and presentations at major national meetings is required (Please include your full publication list with your CV/resume.)
- Familiarity with standard computational chemistry packages (examples may include,
- Maestro/Schrodinger, MOE/Chemical Computing Group, and/or OpenEye tools) is required.
- Experience in leading projects, aligning actions with overall strategy, and supporting business cases for decision-making is preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- A PhD in computational chemistry or a related field is required, with at least 7 years of experience applying computational chemistry (CADD) in a drug discovery setting with a track record of key contributions to compound progression is required
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives are required
- Demonstrated influence, and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to succeed within a matrix environment are required
- Experience working in a cross functional/matrixed environment is required
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Spring House, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A