As a Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (PD RN), you educate your patients on how to do their own dialysis from their homes, and you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment stays on track. You will work a Monday to Friday schedule-yet your impact on the lives of our patients will be felt every day.
- Autonomy – Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting. Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use your mind constantly. You apply your “core” nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. There’s a lot to track and manage and the joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients’ lives.
- Complexities – You multitask in myriad ways – put down one patient’s chart, start another, work with a physician, run out to get a medication, respond to a supplier’s request – with lots of loose ends to pull together and a lot of follow up. It’s challenging, fun and keeps your day fresh.
- Educator – Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands. If you feel your calling has always been to be both a nurse and educator, then you will love your work as a peritoneal dialysis nurse. Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong and independent.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
- Minimum of 12 months’ of RN experience
- Current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis and/or Home Hemodialysis (HHD) nursing experience
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A