As a UX Designer you will work with researchers, content strategists, product managers and engineers to develop and improve Expedia’s products and services for millions of our customers worldwide, every day.
- Choose the right tool for the right problem, fluidly moving through different stages of the process from sketching to low- and high-fidelity prototypes
- Believe universal design is the best design, and design for people of all abilities
- Ground your work in observations, research and analytics to help you come up with ideas and then validate through testing
- Take pride in mentoring other designers and advocate for user-centric design practices
- Believe feedback is a gift, you actively seek it out, and give it thoughtfully in order to continually raise the quality of the experience
- Think about design as a system, and contribute to and maintain our pattern library as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for all our products.
- Enjoy crafting experiences across multiple devices and platforms, from responsive web applications to iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Portfolio demonstrating expert use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well-crafted animation/transitions
- While not a requirement, we look for experience hand-coding HTML/CSS and JS and a fundamental understanding of responsive web design standard methodologies (bonus points if you’ve used LESS or SCSS and GitHub)
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- Portfolio demonstrating sound product thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture
- Degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.) or related experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org