Website Holland & Barrett
We are transitioning from an Oracle based organization and need your help to convert the current data bases into AWS and Azure based SQL instances. We are therefore looking for an experienced “hands on” SQL/Oracle DBA who will be responsible for managing databases, creating data processing products, ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Experience in all aspects of database maintenance and management with versions of MS SQL Server up to 2016 and beyond, including:
- Administering, managing & maintaining very large databases
- Excellent performance tuning and troubleshooting skills
- Support the business via a support call system, resolving logged support calls within agreed SLAs
- Performing proactive monitoring of the SQL Server estate, ensuring system availability and performance, including health checks and reviews
- The role will involve a diverse split between BAU & projects work, which will include working with both on-premise and Cloud based systems (mixture of vendor / internally developed)
- Create and maintain databases and objects such like tables, stored procs, views, triggers
- Responsible for the development and improvement of our reporting capabilities
- Establish the needs of users and monitor the user-access model.
- Monitor the performance and manage parameters on a daily basis
- Manager DR, develop and manage back-ups, construct recovery plans.
- Write and optimize in-application using SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security and integrity of the databases
- Prepare documentation
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and support other Developers
- Work well with ever-changing processes to meet our client’s needs and requests
Company: Holland & Barrett
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nuneaton, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A