The Software group within the Signals, Guidance, & Navigation (SGN) Engineering Center of Excellence has an opening for a System/Software Safety Engineer. The SG&N COE develops software that supports navigation systems for missiles, munitions, military aircraft, surface vehicles, space vehicles, air transport, regional, business aviation, and general aviation. These market areas require a wide variety of navigation systems including inertial measurement units, inertial navigation systems, and aided inertial navigation systems (e.g. GPS). This group is responsible for the design, development and deployment of application software within the SG&N COE.
- Utilize knowledge of MIL-STD-882E, SAE ARP-4761, SAE ARP-5580, and SAE ARP-4754
- Work with Defense Systems focusing on guidance, navigation, control, telemetry, and C4ISR for airborne, maritime and ground mobile systems identifying, assessing, and mitigating hazards instigated or mitigated by software and systems design and reliability.
- Be an active member of a cross-functional development team where communication and teaming skills are highly valued.
- Generate safety documentation items such as System Safety Program Plan (SSPP),
- Lead for multiple programs that provide GPS/INS solutions.
- Interact with internal and external customers to facilitate the completion of safety-related documentation.
- Responsible for a variety of system/software engineering responsibilities, including hardware/software hazard analysis, criticality determination, development of hazard mitigations, failure modes and effects analysis, functional hazard assessment, analysis of system functional failure paths, and common cause analysis for Inertial Navigation Systems
- Understanding of the DO-178B/C process
- An understanding of the issues associated with real-time, embedded software design & development
- Understanding of MIL-STD-882E tasks
- Understanding of SAE ARP-4761, 4754, and 5580
- Broad experience base in the field of navigation, including both inertial navigation & GPS
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree required
- 5+ years of safety engineering experience
- 2+ years of programming experience in C/C++, ADA, and/or VDHL
- Must be a US citizen due to ITAR restrictions
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com