The Dermatology Sales Manager (DSM) will be responsible for detailing scientific data to dermatologists and pharmacists in a designated territory. The key objective will be to use the data to influence dermatologists and pharmacists in referring patients to the products. The Dermatology Sales Managers will partner with Regional Sales Director to implement the medical detailing strategy to deliver and meet sales results within the designated territory.
- Coordinate special events such as speaker programs, lunches or dinners to educate and inform dermatologists about products
- Educate pharmacists on the use and benefits of products.
- Organize and schedule tasks, develop realistic goals and action plans
- Maintain a call average of 35 dermatologist calls and 15 pharmacy calls per week (average 7 physician calls and 3 pharmacies per day)
Promote and/or sell products to current and potential customers
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Advise the Regional Director on competitive activity in the territory to allow preparation for the appropriate response.
- Partner with dermatologists in an educational role within the medical and/or consumer community;
- Partner with the Regional Sales Director in achieving sales targets set by management on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Keen analytical sense and ability to understand financial concepts.
- Proven ability in building professional relationships, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel 30% or greater with occasional overnight stays as needed
- Minimum 3-5 direct sales experience required, preferably in medical or pharmaceuticals
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong computer and software skills
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills. Excellent selling and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and bring creativity to the organization.
- Ability to swiftly adapt to a changing environment to meet unexpected demands effectively.
- Strong technical/clinical aptitude and business acumen
- Must have a demonstrated ability to promote and sell goods, services and concepts
- Proven and Consistent sales results
- College degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license is required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com