Responsible for all automation and controls systems in process and packing. This position includes troubleshooting of HMI’s, PLC systems, VFD, electrical, controls and mechanical issues. Improve RSLogix 5/500/5000 and other control systems, Ethernet communication networks, HMI equipment, and existing PLC control systems. This may include supporting the building, utility, and site control systems from time to time. Develop, maintain, and continually improve all aspects of the automation functions on site. Must possess good communication and teamwork skills for interaction with contractors and internal project teams. They must possess demonstrated problem solving techniques, and the confidence to be an active decision maker. They must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up. They must read and utilize ladder logic programs, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and electrical blueprints. When required, assist with preventative maintenance on plant process and packaging equipment. This person will be expected to be a self – motivated leader, developing continuous improvement projects as well as supporting the line technicians with technical issues as required including basic training, and being a champion of the change management process.
- Provide leadership to improve performance through training, mentorship and operational support with a focus on continuous process improvement and best practice application to develop a culture of high performance.
- Repairs to be performed in conformance with established standards. Assist in formulating standards / work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to manage project scope decisions, and change controls.
- Acts as a project team member supporting automation aspects of project execution.
- Troubleshooting, programming automation and controls systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers)
- Responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems, act as a liaison for internal and external resources, and be on call as needed.
- Provide proper training to Operator and Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive / Predictive Maintenance.
- Perform assigned tasks to include, but not limited to, Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLCs, Control
- View HMI, DeviceNet, Ethernet, BNR, Siemens, Omron, ELAU, ASI-Bus, FANUC sort systems.
- Ensure all aspects of engineering and/or maintenance projects meet established specifications and requirements as developed.
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish priorities, resolve technical problems, and maintain standardized documentation while providing leadership in troubleshooting and root cause analysis to effectively resolve issues with sustainable solutions
- Collaborate with vendors and contractors ensuring controls specifications, requirements and infrastructures are respected from preliminary design through execution of projects and training of personnel.
- Allen Bradley software & hardware (formal certification desired); Rockwell Historian experience; detailed knowledge of troubleshooting PLC based control systems; detailed knowledge of proper wiring procedures, circuit diagrams and single and three phase power systems; motor controls; sensors (proximity, PECs, weigh cells, laser, air pressure, current transformers); pressure and temperature transmitters; flow meters; valve limit switches; flow switches; RSLogix; RSView; ControlLogix; DeviceNet
- 2 Year Technical Degree required. Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
- 5-10+ Years of industrial or military experience in both troubleshooting and programming.
- Electrical engineering background plus demonstrated mechanical knowledge required.
- RSBatch, Ethernet, BNR, Siemens, ELAU, ASI-Bus, FANUC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Florence, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com