Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
- Continuously evolve designs based on user feedback and test results to ensure solutions deliver real value to customers.
- Conduct competitive and industry research to identify best practices
- Present persuasively to clearly articulate design rationale
- Deliver end-to-end UX design process and deliverables from user flows through wireframes/prototypes to consumer facing page layouts/designs
- Meet objectives and strategies while adhering to tight deadlines
- Effectively conceptualize high-level UX designs and detailed interaction behaviors across platforms/devices
- Coordinate with Product Managers, and functional business stakeholders to define initiatives and build consensus around design requirements for new or enhanced experiences
- Develop highly consumer friendly designs and experiences
Qualification & Experience:
- Design degree in or equivalent experience
- 1+ years digital design experience (web/app)
- Well-rounded UX and interaction design skills
- Experience collaborating with business & development teams through product lifecycle a plus
- Experience with rapid prototyping using tools such as Axure & Invision a plus.
- Familiarity with responsive design and front-end development a plus
- Experience creating design systems, style guides, pattern libraries a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A