As the Financial Manager you will provide financial control, insightful financial analysis, and support decision making within the Islip Distribution Centre. This is a key role within our Supply Chain function requiring excellent relationship management. The successful candidate will provide financial business partnering to key members of the Islip Leadership Team to facilitate and inform decision making. They will be an active member of the Islip leadership team with responsibility for driving performance improvements across all depot metrics through advising and coaching operational management.
- Drive Continuous Improvement methodology for Islip depot by involvement with CI groups and taking responsibility for the performance and measurement metrics.
- Generate weekly and periodic rolling forecasts, continual rolling forecast construction and work with GM and central Supply Chain team to create forecasts of costs and efficiencies.
- Development and delivery of key financial objectives for Islip Depot and in-house transport functions in line with targets set by business partners.
- Working with Islip Leadership team to create business cases for investment, achievement of Islip strategy and procedural changes.
- Responsibility for creation and compilation of annual budget for Islip and in-house transport operations to ensure all costs and tender prices are included and budgets are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop commercial awareness and accountability throughout the Islip management team and the in-house transport teams.
- Ability to understand and construct flex budgets for a depot and for in-house transport operations, using these tools to measure actual performance on a weekly basis and drive improvement.
- Responsibility for financial management and review of efficiencies of 3 in-house transport operations – Tarija, Rosendale & MGB – involving weekly quick’s reviews, driving accountability on performance measures, and controlling costs.
- Business partnering approach and relationship building with key stake holders
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to initiate relevant projects and analysis.
- Strong financial modelling and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 2+ years in industry, preferably in a logistics or retail environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to highlight and challenge relevant issues.
- Strong systems literacy, advanced MS Excel skills, good MS Word, Outlook & PowerPoint skills.
- Strong commercial aptitude.
- Newly qualified or part-qualified accountant and studying towards recognized qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with non financial functions at all management levels.
Qualification & Experience:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to effectively priorities work analysis.
- Ability in managing sensitive matters, ensuring company information remains confidential
- Can demonstrate resilience under pressure.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Islip, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A