The Senior Manager of Technical Supply Chain will be a key partner to various teams like: Technical Program Management, Infrastructure Efficiency, Capacity Planning, Hardware Engineering, Strategic Finance, Accounting and Procure to Pay teams based in Uber offices in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, India, etc. This role requires excellent cross functional partnership, communication, and the ability to roll up your sleeves.
- Establish great working relationships with various teams at Uber including Technical Program Management, Infrastructure Efficiency, Capacity Planning, Hardware Engineering, Strategic Finance, Accounting and Procure to Pay
- Drive total cost of ownership (TCO) reductions for infrastructure hardware and related services as well as benchmark quotes and Bill of Materials (BOM) with industry
- Work closely with suppliers and internal Uber teams to do long-range planning to lock in pricing and supply allocation using bidding & allocation processes
- Drive rebate programs and should-cost models
- Build deep relationships with key hardware suppliers and partners including Original Device Manufacturers (ODMs) and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to craft solutions with the best outcomes for all parties
- Negotiate different types of contracts/ agreements including commercial, business and key deal terms for MOUs, LOIs, LOAs, MPSA, etc.
- Perform hardware supply market analysis, supplier identification and outreach, RFI/P development and execution, online bidding and supplier response analysis
- Manage hardware warranty program and supplier-managed spares program
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent understanding of hardware areas like compute, storage, memory, network, integration etc.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Business/ Supply Chain/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Hardware Engineering or any other related engineering field
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Understanding of key server rack hardware commodity supply chains like Compute [CPU], GPU, Solid State Drives [SSDs], Memory and Network Interface Cards (NICs)
- Experience working with team that does hardware NPI phase and making recommendations for manufacturers and commodity selections during the BOM creation
- Proficient in the various contractual agreements like LOA, LOI, MOU, MPSA, MSA, etc.
- Proven experience in partnerships, supplier/partner management and cost negotiations. Deep experience with negotiating and locking in long-term pricing for better predictability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Someone who over-communicates
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to raise problems for any support needed for problem resolution and coordinate with geographically dispersed engineering, finance and operations groups and remote management of team members based in other locations
- Minimum 9+ years of professional experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A