Website United Airlines
From airports to the boardroom, our Legal department provides advice and counsel on all aspects of the business, assessing legal risks and our compliance.
- Monitors matters related to director independence and related-party transactions.
- Maintains the minute books, electronic corporate records database and subject matter index of the United Board of Directors and Committees, including: updating the physical minute books after each Board and Committee meeting; ensuring all resolutions and written consents are retained in the electronic corporate records database; and updating the index with any new resolutions and consents by subject matter. Assists with the preparation, distribution and review of the annual directors and officers questionnaire.
- Prepares initial drafts of minutes for the United Board and Committee meetings.
- Maintains and updates Board Committee charters and Governance Guidelines as warranted.
- Prepares draft agendas for the United Board of Directors and Committee meetings.
- Prepares, maintains and updates charts of work for the United Board and Committee meetings.
- Prepares and maintains drafts of Board of Directors and Committee calendars.
- Assists with the preparation of corporate governance presentations for the
- Nominating/Governance Committee, including with respect to director independence and other miscellaneous governance matters.
- Supports the planning, organization and facilitation of the United Board of Directors and Committee meetings with respect to legal and substantive matters.
- Experience supporting attorneys with respect to legal and substantive mattesr related to public company Boards of Directors and Committees
exceptional interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Bachelors Degree; Paralegal certification.
- Extensive experience working with executive-level management and senior executives;
- Ability to accomplish tasks effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate governance
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com