Website United Airlines
From airports to the boardroom, our Legal department provides advice and counsel on all aspects of the business, assessing legal risks and our compliance.
- Supports the Disclosure Council process, participating in the review of United’s periodic filings with members of the finance, investor relations, treasury and legal functions.
- Conducts training on securities law matters and reviews presentations and other materials prepared by business groups for securities/corporate governance issues.
- Provides assistance with various equity and debt financings.
- Collaborates with business groups and colleagues within the Legal Department on cross-functional projects that present securities/corporate governance issues.
- Provides securities law advice and compliance guidance for earnings releases, investor materials and management presentations.
- Provides legal support to the United Airlines Holdings, Inc. Board of Directors and Board
- Committees on various corporate governance matters, which includes drafting and reviewing materials prepared for the Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings.
- Prepares and provides advice regarding securities law disclosure/compliance for Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K, and various registration statements.
- Supports various aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process, including the quarterly SOX business unit certification process.
- Responsible for drafting various portions of the annual meeting proxy statement and coordinating the preparation of the annual meeting of stockholders.
- Provides legal advice and counseling with respect to various securities, corporate governance and general corporate law matters.
- Assists with subsidiary management, secretary’s certificates and other corporate secretary functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be licensed to practice in Illinois or able to obtain a license to practice law in Illinois
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- Experience working with public company Boards of Directors and executive-level management
Bachelor’s degree and Doctor of Jurisprudence degree
- Commitment to high standards of quality and ethics
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Extensive knowledge of, and practical experience working on, securities law and corporate governance matters
- Self-motivated, strategic thinking
- At least five years of legal experience in a large law firm or corporate in-house department with considerable experience in securities and corporate governance matters
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A