Website United Airlines
The Corporate Real Estate team is composed of Planning and Development (formally called Design and Construction) and Airport Affairs. These two teams work together to secure lease spaces and manage all major construction and renovation projects at our hubs, stations and city locations across the world
- Provide input on airline impacts and collaborate on revisions to the planning design or construction approach to satisfy the airline’s interests.
- Responsible for the development of long-term capital improvement plans within their assigned portfolio which can include condition assessments, collaborating with Facilities Maintenance on maintenance plans that align with deferred maintenance capital projects.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with airport leaders.
- Manage the current state of ongoing or planned projects by the airport to develop master plans that benefit the long success of United.
- Ensure governance of the PMLC (UA and CRE), artifacts, and guidelines.
- Accountable for the compliance with budget, schedule and scope of the projects within regional portfolio per the approved business case requirements including benefits realized.
- Ensure that projects meet defined metrics.
- Use and ensure utilization of CRE Project tools such as SharePoint, Microsoft Project, Oracle and others as defined by need.
- Manage development, programming, planning, design, construction, schedule and budget related issues that pose challenges to the success of the program by drawing on knowledge of the planning, design, construction process knowledge and experience.
- Responsible for the utilization of Project Database, PM Artifacts, workflows, forms, Project Management Guidelines etc. by self and team.
- Responsible for the utilization of any PMLC process and standards.
- Responsible and accountable for transparent, accurate, consistent project reporting (weekly, monthly and quarterly).
- Implement initiatives and manages team to plan, design and execute airport and commercial property facility and infrastructure construction projects.
- Manages and audits PMLC deliverables.
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Bachelor of Science plus relevant experience
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Experience managing a team of direct reports.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Aviation.
- 10 years Planning, Design and Construction Experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Conversant in design and engineering techniques, airport airfield designations, understand design and construction management process and vernacular, understanding of best practices of Portfolio, Program and Project Management (PMBoK)
Qualification & Experience:
- Background in construction safety, capital improvement planning for facilities, Facility Management, Aviation Master
- Planning, possess understanding of bond financing process and requirements.
- 8+ experience in aviation planning, design, construction project management
- PMP, LEED, Black Belt, PE, RA
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Aviation Management and Planning plus relevant experience
- Knowledge of FAA, ICAO, IATA standards, guidelines and requirements that relate to planning and design of airport infrastructure and facilities.
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newark, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A