Website Valero Energy
As a Software Engineer-1 in the Information Services division at Valero, you will be responsible for designing and developing innovative software solutions to fuel our business initiatives. You will apply technical expertise and problem solving skills to design and develop valuable applications.
- Your role will focus on developing solutions using enterprise software platforms and integration services to enable business solutions through close collaboration with end-users and other Information Services team members.
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of relational databases, data modeling and SQL scripting required.
- Knowledge of object oriented programming utilizing SAP ABAP, Java or C# required.
- The aptitude to independently learn new technologies required
- A bachelor’s (or higher) degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
- Information Technology or a related field required.
- The ability to design, develop, document, and support solutions utilizing design patterns, reference architectures, and best practices required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with SAP functional modules preferred.
- Experience designing and developing applications utilizing SAP technologies like SAP ABAP and HANA preferred.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Content Management using OpenText preferred.
- Oil and gas industry or related business/IT knowledge preferred.
- Experience with enterprise web application design and development preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A