Website Valero Energy
As a System Engineering Specialist, you will be responsible for the technical operation of I/S infrastructure, primarily focused on operating systems, virtualization, collaboration, and server hardware.
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feed stocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders
- Operate and maintain Valero’s internal Microsoft Windows server environment.
- Contribute to Valero’s automation initiatives using PowerShell.
- Follow ITIL based service management processes (Change, Incident, Request).
- Operate and maintain Valero’s internal VMware VSphere environment.
- Operate and maintain Valero’s internal Microsoft Exchange and Skype for Business environments.
- A bachelor’s (or higher) degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- At least 5 years of experience operating and maintaining Microsoft Windows servers in a large enterprise environment required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience operating and maintaining a variety of complex I/S systems preferred.
- Experience with VMware VSphere, Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Exchange, or Microsoft Skype for
- Business in a large enterprise preferred.
- Experience with infrastructure automation using PowerShell or python preferred.
- I/S infrastructure operations experience in a large enterprise preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org