Works cross-functionally to deliver on the Digital Commerce and omni-channel business goals by shaping business plans and strategic decisions. Responsible for analyzing data and trends and making decisions that align with strategic goals. Performs analysis to develop strategic initiatives, helps strengthen implementation, measures results, and provides actionable recommendations based on outcomes. Works highly collaboratively within a matrix organization to ensure the cross functional team is delivering against departmental goals.
- Assesses customer behavior, sales trends, and promotional effectiveness to help develop more effective merchandising and promotional programs.
- Plays a key role in creating and performing analysis related to sales trends and strategic initiatives.
- Delivers complex analysis with analytical resources and uses insights to develop, enhance and maintain business plan.
- Presents deliverables and analyses to key internal clients.
- Continuously evaluates best practices, methodology and tools and seeks to improve deliverables in order to maintain alignment with business needs.
- May perform annual financial planning and weekly forecasting, as well as execute reports to align teams on results.
- May assist in development of new programs and enhancing current programs to meet performance goals.
- Monitors category, industry, and competitive trends and insights; develops solutions to improve merchandising and promotional strategies
- Reviews reports and metrics and identifies opportunities to grow and optimize results. Monitors performance against objectives, uncovers root causes, and provides actionable insights and recommendations.
- Assists in creating plans to achieve sales and profit goals. Recommends actions based on historical performance and forecasts comparing various scenarios.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of experience in one or more of the following areas: strategy, consulting, merchandising, finance, operations, or marketing. OR High School/GED and at least 4 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: strategy, consulting, merchandising, finance, operations, or marketing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in the digital space.
- Experience working with P&L concepts – revenue, cogs, gross profit margin, operating expenses and income.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, supply chain, finance, marketing, or business.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org